Module 02 Scenario – SWOT Analysis
Now that you’re at your new job, your supervisor tells you the company is contemplating making a major change.Â Â The company is trying to determine the potential impact this change could have and whether or not it would be beneficial to the company’s overall success. Please select one of the following changes to use for this assignment:
- Production of a new product or service
- Change in production process
- Change in organizational structure or departmental structure of the business
- Change in software or other technology used by the business
You have been asked by your supervisor to create a SWOT Analysis and horizontal hierarchical chart to determine the effects this change would have on the company, and to offer your recommendations for the best course of action to implement this change.
You can use the following SWOT Template to get started.
Please be sure to include the following:
- Explain the change the company is contemplating.
- Be sure to include at least three points in each section of the SWOT table.
- Create a horizontal hierarchical chart to show the framework of which positions would be involved in this change and who would report to whom.
- Based on your findings of the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats, write your detailed recommendations for the best way to implement the change. Be sure to discuss how the company might use its strengths to bolster its weaknesses, and then discuss how the opportunities might help to offset the threats.
Submit your completed assignment by following the directions linked below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below: