Students should select an objective or research question to explore that can be addressed by reviewing national surveys, peer-reviewed articles and tobacco industry documents. Students can select from any topic discussed in course lectures/readings that reflects a current issue in the U.S. tobacco epidemic (new products, policies, taxes, marketing, graphic warnings, health disparities, etc). The selected topic will be shared with the instructor for approval through the Outline Assignment. The instructor will provide feedback on the topic and paper outline.
- Three to four page single-spaced pages (not including title page, references, or appendices)
- 12 pt. Times New Roman font, 1-inch margins
- Include page numbers
- Use section headings in BOLD (eg. Introduction, Conclusion) to organize different topics/ideas into paragraphs
- References should be in APA format (Author, Year) in text with a reference page at the end
- Appendices may include the any documents, tables, graphs or images that support your written text