Evaluation of Agency’s Public Personnel Administration
Write a 4–5 page paper titled, “Evaluation of Agency’s Public Personnel Administration,” in which you:
- Analyze the organizational design of the selected agency’s human resource management in relationship to the entire organization. Assess its strengths and weaknesses (title this section “Organizational Design”).
- Assess the agency in terms of its global or international linkages, highlighting its application of theory to its approach to personnel management (title this section “Global Linkages and Personnel Management”).
- Analyze at least three of the major components of the agency’s human resource system’s goals and practices regarding the recruitment and hiring of a qualified workforce (title this section “Personnel Recruitment and Hiring Practices”).
- Evaluate the agency’s approach to training and programs provided for new and existing employees for the development of knowledge, skills, and overall competencies, highlighting the strengths and weaknesses (title this section “Employee Skills Training”).
- Recommend at least two actions the agency could take to improve in the areas of recruiting and training a qualified workforce (title this section “Recruiting and Training Recommendations”).
- Appropriately incorporate at least four quality sources. A quality source can be either popular, such as a news article, or scholarly, such as peer-reviewed works. In the case of public administration, government websites are appropriate quality resources. Note: Wikipedia, SparkNotes, and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources. Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to conduct research.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the major components of a public personnel management system.