* Select a movie (Scarface)
* lists and explain how three cinematic techniques and/or design elements have helped establish a major theme in that film.
*In 800 to 1200 words
- * Describe a major theme of the movie you have selected using evidence from the movie itself as well as course resources and other scholarly sources to support your position.
- * Identify at least three techniques (cinematography, lighting, acting style, or direction) and/or design elements (set design, costuming, or hair and makeup), and explain how these techniques and/or design elements contribute to the establishment of the theme. Reference particular scenes or sequences in your explanations.
- * State your opinion regarding the mise en scène, including
- * How the elements work together.
- * How congruent the design elements are with the theme of the movie.
- * Whether or not other techniques would be as effective (Explain your reasoning).
* Note: Remember that a theme is an overarching idea that recurs throughout the plot of a film. It is the distilled essence of what the film is about, the main design which the specific scenes and actions lead a viewer to understand.
* Your paper should be organized around a thesis statement that focuses on how the elements of your chosen feature-length film both establish and maintain one of its major themes.
* The paper must be 800 to 1200 words in length and formatted according to APA style
* You must use at least two scholarly sources other than the textbook to support your claims. Cite your sources (including the feature-length film) within the text of your paper and on the reference page.