Health Information Management professionals have a plethora of career opportunities. As you think about your future career as a Health Information Technician, what do you see are your possibilities? This assignment will allow you to explore possible management career paths within four key areas; Coding and Revenue Cycle; Informatics; Data Analytics; Information Governance.
Follow these steps to complete this assignment:
- Using either Chrome or FireFox, go to the AHIMA Career map at https://my.ahima.org/careermap/index.html Internet Explorer will not work for this application.
- The Career Map is divided into four sections.
- Explore these four sections by hovering over or clicking the circles to learn more about career paths.
- Select one of these management careers that interests you:
- Coding and Revenue Cycle section – Revenue Cycle Manager.
- Informatics section: Director of Clinical Informatics.
- Data Analytics section – Data Quality Manager.
- Information Governance – Privacy Officer.
For the career that interest you, answer the following questions in a 1-2 page paper.
- What is the title of this career?
- What are the job responsibilities?
- What skills are needed for this position?
- What draws you to this career possibility?
- How do you anticipate this course will help you prepare for the job you have selected?
- How would you map your career to achieve this career?