This assessment requires you to describe the legislative process and the role of the nurse as a healthcare policy advocate. Your paper will consist of two parts:Part 1:
- A clear and complete discussion of the legislative process
- Click here to view the 21st Century CURES Act.
- View Title IX: Promoting Access to Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Care, Subtitle A: Helping Individuals and Families.
- Choose 3 sections of this Subtitle and describe the details of these sections.
- Describe how the specifics of this legislation will impact nursing care, positively or negatively. Explain your own position, and explain why using research-based fact, not just your own opinion.
Make sure you also include a clear, separate introduction and conclusion as a part of this assignment, as these are worth separate points on the grading rubric.