THIS IS 3 SEPARATE ASSIGNMENTS. PLEASE DO NOT COMBINE THEM!
Read Malorney v. B&L Motor Freight, Inc. in Section 21.2 of your textbook. Discuss what duty or duties a business has with regard to checking the background of potential employees before hiring. Do you agree that businesses should be liable for injuries resulting from negligent hiring? Why, or why not?
please find the link to the Article attached.
Not all discrimination is prohibited by law. For example, employers routinely discriminate between potential employees based upon education or experience. Other types of discrimination are more subtle, but still legal. For example, some employers discriminate between potential employees based upon personal characteristics such as weight or attractiveness. Should employers be permitted to discriminate based upon attractiveness? Take a side and argue that an employer should or should not be permitted by law to discriminate against persons who are not attractive.
Anti-Discrimination Laws Related to Employment
Your supervisor has placed you in charge of hiring a new, full-time administrative assistant for your department.
- Prepare an advertisement for that position that complies with federal law. This advertisement must be detailed. The minimum length of your job description must be 300 words (approximately three-fourths of a page). You can make up the job details but must include the following:
- A job description
- A description of the job duties
- A description of the minimum qualifications
- Prepare 10 illegal questions that must not be asked. For each question, be sure to justify your reasoning.
- Prepare 10 legal questions that may be asked during the interview. For each question, be sure to justify each question.
Submit your three- to five-page paper (not including the title and reference pages). Your paper must be formatted to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide and must cite at least three scholarly sources in addition to the textbook.