Write a paper about the implementation of the “Right to Be Forgotten” law in the United States. Your paper must include the following elements:
- A background on how the law came about in the European Union.
- Identify the benefit of implementing this law in The United States at the Federal level
- Describe the impacts to Free Speech (1st Amendment) arising from the law’s implementation in the U.S.
- Outline the significance of the Wolfgang Werlé case to the “Right to Be Forgotten” law
- Identify three countries that recognize the “Right to Be Forgotten” law or have a similar law in place.
This assignment must be at least 4 pages (double-spaced, not counting APA reference list page) in APA format. Remember to include proper APA headings in your assignment and to cite your references.
References for this assignment include:
Schwartz, J. (2009) Two German Killers Demanding Anonymity Sue Wikipedia’s Parent. Retrieved from: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/13/us/13wiki.html
Volokh, Eugene (2000). “Freedom of Speech, Information Privacy, and the Troubling Implications of a Right to Stop People from Speaking about You”. Stanford Law Review. 52 (5): 1049–1124. doi:10.2307/1229510.