Primary health Plan focused on preventive services.
Title: Diabetes prevention in elderly population of my community.
APA style, 10 pages long, not including references and presentation page.
Identify a health problem in your community, in which you can develop a preventive program. (I choose Obesity prevention in adolescents of my community).
Create a clinical question using the PICOT (problem/patient/or population, intervention/indicator, comparison, outcome, and time element or type of study).
Objectives of the presentation
· Define preventive services commonly offered to different types of communities, using Healthy People 2020.
· Explain how to develop and write a practical policy for preventive services
· Define the steps to develop Primary Health Plan.
· Explain the evaluation criteria of a primary health plan.
· Explain the commonly used methods for evaluating a preventive health program.
· Identify a health problem in which it is important to develop a preventive health program.
Literature that support the project
Description of the proposed solution.
Theory of change.
Problem identification, intended participant, Setting selection.
Objective and goals.
Develop materials and activities
Implementation and monitoring the intervention.
Choose one of the four overarching goals to work on the project:
· Attain high quality, longer lives free of preventable disease, disability, injury, and premature death.
· Achieve health equity, eliminate disparities, and improve the health of all groups.
· Create social and physical environments that promote good health for all.
· Promote quality of life, healthy development, and healthy behaviors across all life stages.