Business is booming at your firm! New client projects just keep pouring in. It’s time for you to lead your first big client project, and you will start by selecting a client, identifying the client’s marketing research objective, writing SMART goals to achieve that objective, evaluating the use of quantitative or qualitative marketing research to achieve the objective, and conducting primary and secondary research to gather information for the project.
To complete this assignment, first choose one of the following scenarios:
Scenario 1: Really-Rocking Retailer would like to improve the shopping experience of its customers by offering a more ergonomic and user-friendly shopping cart.
Scenario 2: Snazzy Sneaker Co. wants to launch a new athletic shoe line and needs help determining the key features to include in its new shoe design.
Next, in a minimum of three double-spaced pages (not including the title and references pages), do the following:
- Identify the scenario you chose and the marketing research objective for that client.
- Write a minimum of one SMART goal based on the scenario you selected.
- Explain how quantitative and qualitative marketing research could be used to achieve the objective. State which method is the best choice for your client and explain why.
- Using an Internet search and/or the library databases recommended in the MAR3250 Course Guide, conduct secondary research to identify 3-4 credible sources of information that could be helpful for the project. Include a screenshot showing the search keywords you used and the search results you obtained from those keywords. List the resources you chose to use for this assignment on an APA-formatted references page.
- Provide 2-3 examples of the types of primary research methods you would use and discuss the types of information you would seek to collect through marketing research.