Assignment 4.1 Outline and 4.2 Speech
Special Occasion Speech Outline Due Week 8: 45 points
1) Select either Topic A or Topic B for your special occasion speech.
Topic A: Who Inspires You? | Deliver a speech of introduction in which you introduce a person who inspires you.
Topic B: Employee of the Month | You have been given an award for “Employee of the Month” and must give an acceptance speech at an awards banquet. Deliver your speech of acceptance.
2) Create an outline or speaking notes in Microsoft Word. o Download the Microsoft Word template in the “Assignment 4.1” section located in Week 8 of your course. o Structure and organize your speech so you’ll stay within the 2-minute time limit.
3) Submit the completed Microsoft Word template in Blackboard (this is separate from your speech/self-review).
4) For this assignment, you will not compose an essay or speech. You are only required to submit an outline.
Special Occasion Speech and Self-Review Due Week 9: 100 points
1) Part 1: Record or upload your speech.
Refer to your outline or speaking notes to deliver your speech. Do not read your notes word for word.
Follow the technical instructions for recording your video in the “Assignment 4.2” section located in Week 9 of your course.
Remember to watch your recording. Do you want to submit it, or do you want to record another version?
Sample Outline Attached. Thanks