Review the work of John Snow regarding the cholera epidemic in Soho/London England in 1854. Answer the following questions:
- Describe the geographical chart he used to map the outbreak of cholera in London and Soho England.
- What body system is affected by cholera and why is it such a dangerous disease?
- Is cholera still a dangerous disease today? If so why? If not, why?
- Why did other doctors dispute John Snow’s beliefs about cholera?
- What did other scientists believe caused cholera?
- How did Snow narrow his research to the “broad street” pump as the source of contamination? g. What specifically was determined to be the cause of the cholera outbreak?
- What are similarities and differences in the way a public health professional would follow a disease outbreak in the 21st. century compared to the way Snow followed cholera?
Create a 400-600 word document and upload to BlackBoard.