Remember is a Reflection about the class
1) Minimum 9 full pages
Minimum 3 pages per document- not words)
Cover or reference page not included)
2)¨**********APA norms, please use headers
All paragraphs must be narrative and cited in the text- each paragraphs
Bulleted responses are not accepted
You can write in the first person.)
3) It will be verified by Turnitin and SafeAssign
4) Minimum 4 references not older than 5 years.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing [AACN]. (2008). The essentials of baccalaureate education for professional nursing practice. Washington, DC: Author.
James, R. K., & Gilliland, B. E. (2013). Crisis intervention strategies (7th ed.). Belmont, CA: Thomson Brooks/Cole.
You must submit 3 documents (each 3 pages).
Copy and paste will not be admitted.
You should address the questions with different wording, different references, but always, objectively answering the questions.
1) Introduction (minimum 1/2 page):
Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63).
a. Course Reflection
Introduces the purpose of the reflection and addresses BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) pertinent to healthcare policy and advocacy. (See file 1)
The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on selected RN-BSN competencies acquired through the course.
– The student will identify the different types of crisis and their impact on the patient safety and health (AACN Essentials, QSEN: safety, teamwork and collaboration, quality improvement, informatics and patient centered care).
– The student will be able to approach and safely manage patient/families in crisis.
2) Body (minimum 2 pages):
The BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) outline a number of healthcare policy and advocacy competencies for the BSN-prepared nurse. Reflect on the course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have completed across this course and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared to:
1. “Integrate theories and concepts from Crisis in nursing education into nursing practice.
2. Synthesize theories and concepts from Crisis intervention to build an understanding of the human experience.
3. Use skills of inquiry, analysis, and information literacy to address practice issues related to crisis intervention
4. Use written, verbal, nonverbal, and emerging technology methods to communicate effectively.
5. Apply knowledge of social and cultural factors to the care of diverse populations in Crisis.
6. Engage in ethical reasoning and actions to provide leadership in promoting advocacy, collaboration, and social justice as a socially responsible citizen.
7. Integrate the knowledge and methods of a variety of disciplines to inform decision making during Crisis intervention and Crisis in nursing
8. Demonstrate tolerance for the ambiguity and unpredictability of the world and its effect on the healthcare system.
9. Value the ideal of lifelong learning to support excellence in nursing practice.” (p. 12).
3) Conclusion (minimum 1/2 page)
An effective conclusion identifies the main ideas and major conclusions from the body of your essay. Minor details are left out. Summarize the benefits of the pertinent BSN Essential and sub-competencies (AACN, 2008) pertaining to scholarship for evidence-based practice