Individual Project: Each student is required to review and critique a published journal article based on class materials and discussions. Published research articles should be selected from two flagship journals in public administration, namely, Public Administration Review (PAR) or Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory (JPART). Selected journal articles should be finalized and submitted for instructor’s approval by 11:59pm on Oct 20, 2019. Research critiques should address all of the following tasks:
- Identification of the research question(s), objective(s), and hypothesis, if available
- Brief discussion of the linkage between the research question(s) and the broader literature reviewed
- Identification of the dependent and major independent variables and their measurement
- Identification of data source(s), unit of analysis and type of data (time series, or cross sectional, and etc.)
- Identification and brief discussion of the main research methods used
- Brief discussion of the main research results and their generalizability
- Brief discussion of the overall quality and organization of the article
The project is due by 11:59pm on Dec 8, 2019. It should be double-spaced and between 3 and 4 pages in length, excluding title and reference pages. The critique should be in APA style and include 5-10 references. Students are strongly advised to start early, apply concepts and techniques discussed in class, and incorporate comments and suggestions obtained from their peers.
* I have attached the article to critique and some tips on how to approach it. Feel free to message me if you have any question.