n this course, you are required to identify a problem or opportunity in the IT area and develop a solution to the problem. The project should integrate theory and application from across your educational experience and allow you to showcase your academic learning. During the course, you will identify a problem, develop requirements based on stakeholder needs, develop a design after considering alternative solutions, implement the solution (virtually is sufficient), and test the solution. Your design and test plans should take into consideration the end-user as well as the broader context of the end-user. The course culminates in a final presentation and final report.
Your project should not be something that you have done before, either as part of your academic work or for an employer. However, you can work on a project which is for your employer and will be implemented in the workplace, as long as you don’t develop the design with colleagues at work. It is important to note that your project MUST include a hands-on component (typically completed in a virtual environment). Because of the point distribution, you MUST complete an appropriate hands-on project in order to pass this class.
If you need some ideas, see the attached file, “IT491 Capstone Topic Ideas” for some suggested topics.
Keep in mind that your project should meet the objectives listed for this course:
1. Apply industry standards to the implementation and support of network systems and computer devices.
2. Demonstrate the principles of information technology security.
3. Use information systems for the collection, organization, and delivery of data.
4. Express relevant information to technical and non-technical audiences.
5. Design secure network infrastructures for physical and virtual environments.
6. Create information technology solutions based on business needs or requirements.
You may not begin work on the project until your proposal is approved by your instructor.
In this assignment, please write a proposal for your capstone project using the attached “IT491 Week One Assignment 2020.”