After reading the posted study, use the Quantitative Research Critique Template to compose and organize your assignment.
In your paper,
- Summarize the research question, hypothesis, methods, and results of the assigned quantitative study.
- Determine whether the study used an experimental or non-experimental approach.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of the research methods and analytical approaches used in the study. Support the position with evidence cited from the textbook and at least one other scholarly/peer-reviewed source about the research design or method.
- Analyze ethical issues pertaining to how the study was carried out.
- Critique the strengths, weaknesses, and limitations of the study.
- Recommend a research question and methods for a follow-up study on the topic.
- Utilize the provided template with section headings.
The Quantitative Research Critique paper
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) using the template provided and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) The template is a Word document that is pre-formatted in APA style. If unable to use the pre-formatted template, see the following instructions for formatting.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use at least one scholarly/peer-reviewed source in addition to the study being critiqued and the course text, for a total of at least three references.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
For the Week Four Assignment, you will create another article critique. As with last week, please ensure that the critique is in your own words. Refrain from copying information verbatim from the article. While quoting is not prohibited, it should be minimal and all quoted material must be enclosed in quotation marks and cited according to APA guidelines. Again, please use your own words as much as possible.
You will need to access the University library and locate the following article to critique:
Calder Calisi, C. (2017). The effects of the relaxation response on nurses’ level of anxiety, depression, well-being, work-related stress, and confidence to teach patients. Journal of Holistic Nursing, 35(4), 318-327. doi: 10.1177/0898010117719207