In this 2-page draft Analytical Essay on a Primary Source, you will analyze the primary source “anonymous, A Woman’s Cahier (1789)” This is just a draft that will later need to be turned into a more complete, 4-5-page version of this same paper “so this assignment will lead into another assignment I will post after this one is done).This draft has to be double-spaced typed pages in 12-point Times New Roman font.
Link to primary source: https://revolution.chnm.org/exhibits/show/liberty–equality–fraternity/item/272
You begin this assignment by reading or viewing the primary source you chose and analyze its meaning by making notes on your answers to the questions below:
- What kind of primary source is it?
- Who is the author or creator (if known)?
- Can you tell why was it written or created?
- Can you tell who the intended audience was?
- What is the primary source’s tone? What words and phrases (and/or scenes and visual perspectives) convey it?
- What are the author’s or creator’s values and assumptions are? Is there visible bias? Explain your answers.
- What information does it relate? Did the author or creator have first-hand knowledge of the subject or did s/he report what others saw and heard?
- What issues does it address?
- What is your overall assessment of the primary source and its usefulness/significance for the historical study of your topic?