In the discussion forum, you are expected to participate often and engage in deep levels of discourse. Please post your initial response as early as possible and continue to participate throughout the unit. You are required to post an initial response to the question/issue presented in the Forum and then respond to at least 3 of your classmates’ initial posts. You should also respond to anyone who has responded to you.
- Discuss how emotional intelligence; mindfulness and mindlessness techniques impact self-efficacy.
- What role do emotions play in leadership and how does learning to develop an optimistic perspective of emotions benefit a leader? How does mindfulness help a leader focus on the performance and goals within the team? How can mindlessness lead to learned helplessness and how can these actions impact a leader’s performance?
Learning Guide Unit 4
In Chapter 7 of your textbook, Cultural Intelligence for Leaders, please read the 7.3 Case Study 3: Building a Multicultural Team—Is it Worth it? Please be sure to particularly address the following questions related to the case:
- How do you describe Kalia’s self-efficacy? Is she showing levels of high and/or low efficacy? Discuss how her behavior exhibits each level.
- How does Kalia’s self-efficacy impact her leadership?
- What strategies do you recommend to Kalia to help her improve her cultural intelligence and develop her self-efficacy? Discuss at least two specific development approach.
- What suggestions do you have for Kalia in leading her staff to be a culturally intelligent team?
Submit a 2-3 page paper, (independent of the title page and reference page) double-spaced in Times New Roman (or its equivalent) font which is no greater than 12 points in size. The paper should cite additional sources, using APA format, independent of the textbook.
Learning Guide Unit 4
You and your team have been charged, by Senior Management, with designing a training targeted at improving the overall Cultural Intelligence within your organization.
The training module should contain an Introduction, a description of the training components and logistics, and a set of clearly articulated Learning Objectives that guide the training topics and methods chosen.
- Each group member will be responsible for creating at least one learning objective and the content that will be covered related to the objective. Suggested activities to help training participants achieve the learning objectives should also be included.
- Each member will need to be conducted research to both create the learning objective and to assist in the creation of content. Citations used should clearly bolster the choices being made.
- Learning objectives should be ‘SMART’ (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time-Bound)