Extra Credit: Answer the following questions. They all refer to the reforms of the two Gracchus Brothers and their lives in the Roman Republic.
1. What were the names of the Gracchus brothers?
2. Why was Scipio Africanus so famous in Rome?
3. Numantia was in which country in today’s world?
4. What did Tiberius see that made him upset with the way things went in Rome at the time?
5. What specific plan did he develop? Who was Tiberius trying to help with his plan?
6. Tiberius was the first tribune in 200 years to achieve what?
7. Who opposed Tiberius?
8. How did Tiberius propose to pay for his plan?
11. – 14. List 4 other things he achieved.
15. Why did Tiberius’ proposals not pass?
16. What happened to Tiberius?
17. What did Gaius Gracchus do to help the army?
18. What reforms did Gaius propose?
19. Which consul met with Gaius on the Aventine Hill to discuss the differences?
20. What happened to Gaius?