Resource Analysis on Substance Use and Abuse
[WLO: 2] [CLO: 2]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug Use Prevention Programs in U.S. Schools: A Descriptive Summary, School-Level Correlates of Adolescent Tobacco, Alcohol, and Marijuana Use, and Sobriety Studies: Recovery High Schools Show Success in Helping Students Overcome Substance Abuse.
Identify and analyze one resource that provides information regarding services for dealing with and treating substance use and abuse in youth or adolescence. Write a paper which discusses the availability of the services, the requirements for accessing those services, and the human service professionals involved in the service setting.
Proper APA Style format (7th ed.) is required (see the Writing Center’s Introduction to APA (Links to an external site.)for assistance). If you choose to expand beyond the resource located for this assignment and utilize supporting materials, then the use of two peer-reviewed, scholarly journal articles is also a requirement.
Watch the YouTube video What Is Benchmarking? (Links to an external site.) Benchmark the service chosen against these standards.
In your paper,
- Discuss the availability of the services, the requirements for accessing those services, and the human service professionals involved in the service setting.
- Outline any detailed information the source provides about services and professionals involved in services.
- Describe the type of information there is on the requirement for accessing services.
- Explain any information provided about the number of people served and the demographics of people.
- Conclude if the available service is adequate for treating the needs of this particular population to be served.
- Determine what other professionals might need to be involved in the service setting to make the service more effective.
The Resource Analysis on Substance Use and Abuse paper
- Must be four to six double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper (bold and with a space between the title and the rest of the information)
- Student’s name, followed by institution name (“University of Arizona Global Campus”)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).