Chapter 1 Journal articles
- Journal Article 1.1: Trumpy, A.J. and Elliott, M. (2019) ‘You lead like a girl: Gender and children’s leadership development’, Sociological Perspectives, 62(3): 346–365.
- Journal Article 1.2: Sudha, K.S., Shahnawaz, M. G. and Farhat, A. (2016) ‘Leadership styles, leader’s effectiveness and well-being: Exploring Collective Efficacy as a Mediator’, Vision, 20(2): 111–120.
Chapter 1 Videos
After completing the reading this week and reviewing the distinction between leadership and management. Then think about this in regard to how senior leaders versus senior managers lead change in an organization (especially when it comes to technical change in an organization).
This week please reflect on these concepts and answer the following questions:
When implementing change in an organization, there are always culture issues that are faced, such as not accepting change, determine how differently this would be handled thinking about the management versus leadership constructs?
When dealing with performing work, how is this implemented differently within the management versus leadership constructs?
Please be sure to answer all of the questions above in the initial post.
Please ensure the initial post and two response posts are substantive. Substantive posts will do at least TWO of the following:
· Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
· Expand on the topic, by adding additional thoughtful information
· Answer a question posted by another student in detail
· Share an applicable personal experience
· Provide an outside source
· Make an argument
Week 1 recording:
Risk Management and Enterprise Risk Management
By the end of this week, you should be able to:
- Introduce the core definitions, components, and principles for all levels of management involved in designing, implementing, and conducting enterprise risk management practices.
- Define enterprise risk management and the value that can be provided by an enterprise risk management program.
- Explain how various drivers have influenced the development of enterprise risk management.
After reading both articles this week, and any other relevant research you locate, please discuss the following:
Please summarize, in your own words, a description of enterprise risk management. Why do you feel ERM is different from traditional risk management?
Please make your initial post and two response posts substantive. A substantive post will do at least two of the following:
- Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
- Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source (for example, an article from the UC Library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA 7)
- Make an argument concerning the topic.
At least one scholarly source should be used in the initial discussion thread. Be sure to use information from your readings and other sources from the UC Library. Use proper citations and references in your post.
Task 3 : (4 pages) :
This week’s journal article was focused on the Complexity of Information Systems Research in the Digital World. Complexity is increasing as new technologies are emerging every day. This complexity impacts human experiences. Organizations are turning to digitally enabled solutions to assist with the emergence of digitalization.
Please review the article and define the various technologies that are emerging as noted in the article. Note how these emerging technologies are impacting organizations and what organizations can to do to reduce the burden of digitalization.
Be sure to use the UC Library for scholarly research. Google Scholar is also a great source for research. Please be sure that journal articles are peer-reviewed and are published within the last five years.
The paper should meet the following requirements:
3-5 pages in length (not including title page or references)
APA guidelines must be followed. The paper must include a cover page, an introduction, a body with fully developed content, and a conclusion.
A minimum of five peer-reviewed journal articles.
The writing should be clear and concise. Headings should be used to transition thoughts. Don’t forget that the grade also includes the quality of writing.
Note: This written assignment is a REQUIRED ASSIGNMENT it is worth one-hundred (100) points. You are required to answer the questions as stated in the assignment question in order to obtain credit for the assignment by the due date. If you do not complete the assignment by the due date, you will receive a zero (0) for this assignment. There is a grading criterion associated with this assignment. Your work will be compared to other’s work, using SafeAssign for plagiarism, so please note that copying other people’s responses will not be tolerated.