Week Four Discussion Board Thread Instructions
With each word being worth 10 cents, write four $12 summaries of the reading from any four of the following chapters in Everyday Bible Study:
- 15. Observe: How to Make Accurate Observations
- 16. How to Use Multiple Translations of the Bible
- 17. How to Ask Key Questions
- 28. Interpret: How to Find the Meaning of the Bible
- 29. Correlate: How to Connect Scripture to Other Scriptures
- 30. Correlate: How to See Jesus in the Bible
- 31. Apply: How to Live Out What You Learn
- 32. How to Study the Old Testament Genres, Part 1: Law
- 33. How to Study the Old Testament Genres, Part 2: Narrative
- 34. How to Study the Old Testament Genres, Part 3: Wisdom and Poetry
- 35. How to Study the Old Testament Genres, Part 4: Prophetic Literature
This means that in this assignment you are developing four summaries of 120 words each (one for each of the four chapters you selected). You should aim to create four summaries where each summary is between 100-120 words. Each of your summaries should not exceed the 120-word or $12 limit. For an example of this type of thread, please see the provided example in the Course Content folder.
Week Five Discussion Board Response Post Instructions
Once you have completed the necessary textbook reading in Everyday Bible Study, select two threads you wish to reply to and address your classmates’ thoughts and ideas. The goal of these two posts is to build on the material provided by your classmates. Thus, responses that simply affirm the thread material are not sufficient. The content of each reply must reflect an excellent knowledge of the textbook reading and interact with both the thread and relevant chapter material. You must support your thoughts and ideas by implementing at least one significant quote from Everyday Bible Study. Each response post should be at least 200 words in length.