For your third brief essay, your focus will be on revising and editing your first essay. Overall, you will be expanding your first essay, adding 1-2 pages in length to the 3 you have already written. You should begin by proofreading your paper lightly, and deciding which areas could be expanded. Consider: do you want to add all-new paragraphs, or do you want to expand existing paragraphs, or do a combination of both?
The second part of this assignment is to edit and revise your first essay based on all that we have studied this semester.
Consider some of the following:
- Are there weak points in your argument?
- Did you find any evidence of biases, complexes, or fallacies?
- Or, did you seem to avoid those altogether?
- Is there a good balance between logos, pathos, and ethos?
- Were your in-text citations accurate, or do those need fixing?
- Did your works cited page match MLA style, or did it need correction?
- Did you happen to use a weak source that you now decide is unreliable?
- Did you use proper paragraph structure, with topic and conclusion sentences?
- Overall, did you need to fix your grammar, punctuation, or spelling?
- Considering all of the handouts and guides we have used, what other corrections need to be made?
- Were fixes required to structure and style issues, such as your headers, heading, margin widths, indentations, and related requirements?
Assignment Details: Your final product should be a clean, revised 4-5 page-long essay.