Required Textbook: The Sage Guide to Writing In Corrections; Steven Hougland and Jennifer M. Allen
Answer the Questions for Consideration at the end of Chapter 7. APA formatting.
Questions for Consideration
- The research essay is similar to other types of essays. What is a major difference between the research essay and other essays?
- List and describe the four questions a student should ask when evaluating sources.
- Define primary source and secondary source. Include a discussion of the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Discuss the advantages of using country codes for a search.
- Visit a criminal justice database. Describe the information that can be found on the site and discuss how this information can benefit your research.
Please follow the following guidelines:
1. Does your response directly answer each part of the assignment question(s)? 2 Does your response clearly show you have read and understand the lesson content by correctly defining key terms, key persons and summarizing concepts? Have you made inferences based on this knowledge to personal or modern-day applications? 3. Have you clearly state analysis and give examples to back them up? Does your response provide analysis to the larger concepts of the lessons? 4. Do you write clearly, in complete sentences, with minimal errors in grammar and spelling? Did you use the APA Method of Citation where needed?