In a four- to five-page paper (excluding the title and references pages), discuss the strategic planning process. In your paper:
- Explain the basic steps in the planning process.
- Describe the steps in the decision-making process, and predict how the personal attributes of the manager influence decision making.
- Predict how the steps of the strategic planning process and the environmental factors that influence decision making impact the quality-productivity-profitability link.
Your paper must include in-text citations and references from at least three scholarly sources, in addition to the text, and be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Weekly Resources Are as follows:
Bierman, L., Ferrell, O. C., & Ferrell, L. (2016). Management: Principles and applications, custom edition [Electronic version]. Solon, OH: Academic Media Solutions.
- Chapter 4: Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Chapter 6: Planning and Strategic Management
- Chapter 7: Decision Making
Leidner, D. E., & Elam, J. J. (1994). Leidner, D. E., & Elam, J. J. (1994). Executive information systems: Their impact on executive decision making. Journal of Management Information Systems, 10(3), 139-155. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost database.
Zhang, X. (2013). The evolution of management information systems: A literature review. Society for Design and Process Science, 17(2), 59-88. Retrieved from ProQuest database.
- The full-text version of this article can be accessed through the ProQuest database in the Ashford University Library.