- Identify the components of the Charge Description Master.
- Revise a Charge Description Master according to pre-defined criteria
- Evaluate the information contained in a Charge Description Master.
- Compose a CDM Activity report.
You have been appointed as the new Chargemaster Coordinator at your hospital. Your primary tasks are to perform periodic updates the hospital’s chargemaster and to compile reports on chargemaster activities.
Instructions – Part 1:
For the first part of this assignment; you will update the chargemaster entries for the top ten outpatient procedures that are performed at the hospital.
The Revenue Codes for each section are correct.
You are making updates for the fiscal year reporting period of October 1, 2013 to September 30, 2014
Update the Sample CDM by performing the following tasks. Recreate the Sample Template in a Word or Excel format.
- Review the HCPCS/CPT codes and code descriptions for accuracy.
- Review the Department Codes for accuracy.
- On 1/1/2014, the Board of Directors approved a 7% increase in service fees. Update the fees for the services accordingly.
Instructions Part 2:
For the second part of the assignment; prepare a CDM Activity Report for the fiscal year noted above, based on your analysis of the CDM. Your report should include the following items:
- A brief summary of the revisions that you made to the CDM.
- A listing of the procedures that were performed during the fiscal year reporting period.
- Recommendations and support for a timetable for the periodic revisions to the CDM based on you analysis of the impact of the changes in your analysis
- Formulate a position on the impact of the CDM maintenance issues on reimbursement.
Your report should be 1-2 pages in length and should contain research from one outside internet resource. The citation for your outside source should be in the appropriate APA format with a working URL link.