Conduct a case study analysis on the different characteristics of the supply chain strategy of a company you choose from a list of possibilities, and provide that analysis in a Word document of approximately 800–1000 words.
All operational activities begin with an estimate of what customer demands will be. Production schedules, modes of transportation, warehouse space, and other supply chain activities are all dependent on the accuracy of the company’s demand forecasting. The information management system must provide thorough, accurate, and timely information so that supply chain managers can prepare and execute short and long-term plans. Satisfying the customer is the No. 1 challenge for all demand forecasters.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Design a supply chain to support an organizational strategy.
- Describe an organization’s business model.
- Explain an organization’s supply chain strategy.
- Competency 2: Improve efficiency in the supply chain.
- Analyze the global challenges that an organization faces in its supply chain.
- Explain the importance of aggregate planning to an organization’s supply chain and its partners.
- Describe the role demand forecasting plays in an organization’s supply chain strategy.
- Explain how pricing promotions are used to change demand.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a professional manner that is consistent with the expectations for supply chain managers and participants.
- Exhibit proficiency in writing, critical thinking, and academic integrity by appropriately attributing sources.