This paper will focus on your reactions to The Magna Carta.
This work was written in 1215 in Britain. It is a contract signed between John, King of England, and the nobles. The Magna Carta established constitutional monarchy in the British Isles, which would last until today.
Some questions you may wish to explore include:
1. Why would King John sign an agreement that limited his powers?
2. What does this document tell us about the relationship between the king and the aristocracy?
3. How important was the protection of property rights in this agreement?
4. Where do we see examples of justice and honor in the various agreements made between the king and the nobility?
5. How do you think this document has shaped future ideas of government in the Western world?
To complete this paper, you do not need to consult any sources outside of the book. It is discouraged that you look at such works, as your reaction should be based solely on The Magna Carta.