Often, conflicts start in the workplace because of the perception by employees that their supervisor is not treating them fairly or is showing favoritism to another employee. How the employee or supervisor handles this perception will determine how the dispute is resolved.
Research an employee dispute from the past six months for this assignment. This can be a dispute between a group of employees and management or a dispute between one employee and another.
Write a six- to eight-page paper in which you:
- Propose ways that the negotiation process could alleviate or mitigate conflict in the workplace.
- Determine the advantages and disadvantages of a one-on-one approach in resolving the conflict from the scenario.
- Create a scenario where the type of conflict you created would need to go to mediation. Determine the advantages and disadvantages of a mediation approach.
- Examine three to five issues that litigation causes for both parties. Recommend a strategy, including advance preparation, for resolving the dispute.
- Use at least two quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Create a workplace conflict resolution strategy that considers the impact of negotiation and litigation.